ALEX DAISY WARRANTIES ON FURNITURE
A. Furniture Warranty Policy
1. Quality Of Goods:
• The Engineered board or wood used in our furniture is seasoned with optimum moisture content. This reduces the impact of natural seasonal expansion and contraction of the solid wood / board.
• The board or wood that we use to manufacture our furniture passes through various processes to ensure right humidity levels within it. Prior to manufacturing, we also carry out treatments to prevent the termite and hatching of borer, larvae in the wood.
• Alex Daisy engineered board or wooden furniture products are treated and covered by a 5 years warranty against termite infestation from the date of purchase. During the warranty period, we exchange the infected parts free of cost, provided the request of exchange is raised by the customer along with the original invoice. If the insect infestation happens because of water seepage, then it will not be covered under warranty.
• Replacement/exchange of the product is subject to availability. In case the substitute / alternate product is not available with us, Alex Daisy reserves the right to offer a product which is of a similar price (as to the warranted product) or a gift voucher of an equivalent value. The warranty is applicable after verification & confirmation in writing by the Alex Daisy service support team.
• No alteration or modification should have been made/carried out to/in the product/s, and the faulty product must be in its original state for Alex Daisy to honour the request of exchange or repair.
• Since the solid wood and the materials used in our furniture have their own distinctive feature/s, the changing seasons/climate, and/or any excessive dryness of the air, could lead to superficial hairline cracks in the wood. We make every effort to reduce such natural instances in the wood. However, due to the very nature of the wood/materials used to manufacture the products, complete elimination is not possible.
• The foregoing warranty shall not be treated as a rolling/continuing warranty and the products exchanged due to borer infestation shall be covered only for the remainder of the original warranty period (i.e. the remainder of the actual warranty period).
• The length of the warranty for the exchanged product is equal to the remaining length of the original warranty of the product when it was purchased originally by the customer.
• For any knock-down furniture, the responsibility of Alex Daisy due to incorrect assembly of the product by our personnel/representative is 48 (forty eight) hours from date of delivery of the product.
2. In The Event Of Any Manufacturing Defect In Non-Upholstered Products (Any Defect Detected On The Product That Is A Result Of Poor Workmanship):
• We ensure that our products are free from manufacturing defects however, in an unlikely event of a product being defective, we offer a one (1) year warranty against such manufacturing defect. Manufacturing defects may include de-lamination and discoloration. If the de-lamination or dis-coloration happens because of water seepage, then it will not be covered under warranty.
• During the warranty period, we undertake to exchange or repair through our gift vouchers, provided the same is subject to review, verification and confirmation of the manufacturing defect in the faulty product by our quality control team. The whole product will not be exchanged. Only the defective part/parts will be exchanged.
• The warranty does not provide coverage for wear & tear or damage. Any scratches or surface chipping will not be covered under warranty.
• Product damaged because of water dampening is also not covered under warranty. The engineered board furniture is prone to get damaged because of exposure to water, damp environment and seepage.
• The foregoing warranty shall not be treated as a rolling/continuing warranty, and the products exchanged or repaired shall be covered only for the remainder of the original warranty period (i.e. the remainder of the actual 1-year warranty period).
• Further, the exchange or repair of the faulty product is actioned by Alex Daisy at the original delivery address of the customer, which the customer provided during the purchase of the faulty product.
• Alex Daisy agrees to honour the request of exchange or repair of the faulty product part provided the customer furnishes either the original invoice/bill or provides a copy/Xerox of the original invoice/bill thereby establishing proof of purchase of the faulty product.
• The exchange or repair of the faulty product/s shall be at the sole discretion of Alex Daisy upon verification.
• No alteration or modification should have been made/carried out to/in the product/s, and the faulty product shall be in its original state for Alex Daisy to honour the request of exchange or repair. Alex Daisy’s liability to exchange or repair the product in case it is modified in any manner whatsoever by the customer shall cease upon such modification/s.
• The response time at Alex Daisy for addressing any complaint raised by the customer is a maximum of 7 (seven) working days from the date of the complaint. Please note that during this period, the Alex Daisy personnel/representative shall duly inspect the product for resolution of the customer complaint.
• The faulty products shall be made available to our personnel/representative at your address in case the personnel/representative desires to carry out any minor repair works on the faulty product.
• The length of the warranty for the repaired or replaced product is equal to the remaining length of the original warranty of the product when it was purchased originally by the customer.
• In case of the product being purchased from exhibition sales or from discounted sales, the product/s are considered to be bought by the customer on a “bought as seen and liked” basis; therefore, Alex Daisy shall not entertain any requests for exchange, replacement or refund unless the product suffers from any manufacturing defect or borer infestation as per the opinion of Alex Daisy, and which compromises the structural integrity of the product.
• For any knock-down furniture, the responsibility of Alex Daisy due to incorrect assembly of the product by our personnel/representative is 48 (forty-eight) hours from the date of delivery of the product.
• The warranty of any hardware spare parts and accessories like bolts, hinges, channels, magnets and nuts shall be 1 year from the date of purchase of the product. However, the same procedure as laid down for the exchange or repair of any faulty product shall be followed for the warranty of accessories/hardware spare parts.
3. In The Event Of Any Manufacturing Defect In Upholstered Products:
• Any request against any stains or damage to fabric upholstery is honourable if the request is initiated/informed immediately on the delivery of the goods and the same shall be endorsed by the delivery team on the order form which is accompanied with the goods by mentioning the defect, in writing, on such form, or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org Such request shall be made within 24 (twenty four) hours of the delivery of the goods.
4. In the Case Of Customised Furniture:
• In the event the products are purchased by way of customized furniture, the same terms and conditions shall apply to any request of repair/exchange as is offered on the products suffering from manufacturing defects or from borer infestation only.
• The products and parts which are specifically customized/designed as per the specific desire of a customer shall only be exchanged or replaced in case of any manufacturing defect or borer infestation.
B. The Alex Daisy Warranty On Products Does Not Cover:
• Fabrics and leathers, unless explicitly mentioned. To maximize the life of these materials, please refer to the care instructions.
• The appearance of the product or any damage to the product resulting from normal wear and tear in the natural course of product usage given its aging, nature, function, composition and price, as well as damage due to usage of the product beyond its intended use.
• Any damage to the product resulting from improper installation or assembly by a third party, storage, improper maintenance, misuse or use not in compliance with the intended use, modifications or repairs, water damage, discolouration due to exposure to sunlight.
• Breakages to glass, mirrors, and stone tops after delivery confirmation of the product.
• There are no other warranties, expressed or implied in all of the above-mentioned cases.
• Alex Daisy products are intended for indoor domestic use. The warranty will be void if the products are used outdoors or at a commercial establishment.
• We deliver your furniture/product only up to one flight of stair/s in the absence of a suitable large service elevator within the delivery address.
• Alex Daisy is not responsible for manual movement of furniture pieces/products, and in the absence of an elevator within the delivery address, any damage/s that may be caused to the product/furniture or that may occur to the furniture shall be at the customer’s sole risk and responsibility.
• We always strive to maintain high quality standards, and we continuously work towards improving them. We suggest you to please write to us on email@example.com should you desire to invoke the warranty on the products or if you are willing to share your feedback with us.
• Alex Daisy’s liability is limited to the purchase price of the defective or non-compliant products and Alex Daisy shall, under no circumstances in any manner whatsoever, be held liable for any indirect damage/s, costs, expenses or financial losses suffered by you or a third party.
• This warranty policy shall be effective from 1st January’2022 and supersedes any and all previous policy/ies whether in written or oral form.
D. Delivery And Transit Damage:
• We design our packaging to be both environmentally friendly and strong! We test our boxes so as to ensure that the products are not damaged during transportation and delivery.
• In the unfortunate event of the product being damaged during transportation, we will dispatch the replacement within 48 (forty eight) hours of receiving a notification from you and a confirmation from our representative *(dependant on local availability, and logistics; this excludes custom orders).
Wood, fabric, stone, metal and leather goods
• Dust your furniture with a soft duster.
• If the furniture is very dusty, clean it with a slightly damp, non-abrasive sponge, after first testing it on a non-visible varnished part. Wipe with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
• Avoid the use of wax or any wax-based product.
• Avoid direct exposure to sources of heat, air conditioning, sunlight, water or moist environments/rain.
• Do not place cold or hot drinks directly on wooden surfaces as this may leave a halo.
In the unfortunate event of spillage on non-removable upholstered products, given the variety of treatments and types of stains, we recommend that you contact a cleaning professional to assist in the removal of the stain without damaging the fabric.
To keep your covers looking their best for as long as possible, we recommend dry cleaning for all of our removable soft furnishings. Some products can also be machine washed at 30°C if specified on the product.